The Sip App
Last updated on October 6th, 2017
THE SIPPER PTE. LTD., its subsidiaries and affiliates (here, The Sip App, or Sip) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. We will never share your personally identifiable information with third parties without your consent.
This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you:
- Visit, access or use our services that run on smartphones, tablets and other devices which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our websites (“apps”);
- Communicate with us electronically and through other means;
- View or click on our ads or other online content; and
- Interact with us through social media websites and other websites and apps.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
Information we collect and receive
Depending on how you interact with our app, we collect different kinds of information from or about you, including the below information:
- Account and profile information. All the information we require to create your Sip account including name, gender, age, email address and password.
- Billing information. We collect billing address and credit card information if you purchase a premium subscription on Sip. Credit card information is securely passed to our payment processing partner and is not stored at Sip.
- Log data. When you use Sip, our servers automatically record information, including information that your mobile device sends whenever you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. Log data does not contain personally identifiable data and is not routinely deleted.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Sip on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
- Geo-location information. Precise GPS from mobile devices is collected only with your permission. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- Sip usage information. This is information about which venue, features, redemptions you interact with within Sip and what integrations with related services you use.
- Information from partners or other 3rd parties. Sip may receive information from partners or others that we could use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information about which IP addresses go with which zip codes or it might be more specific information about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
Log-in cookies are associated with your Sip account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in. Other cookies are not tied to your Sip account but are unique and allow us to do site analytics and customization, among other things.
Sip sets and accesses our own cookies on our company-owned domains. In addition, we use 3rd parties like Google Analytics for website analytics. You may opt-out of third party cookies on their respective websites. We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following:
- Providing the Sip service. We use information you provide to authenticate you and deliver content and services to you.
- Understanding and improving our products. To make the product better we must understand how users are using it. We have a fair bit of data about usage and we intend to use it many different ways to improve our products, including research. This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with usage data that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer tied to a specific user.
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep Sip secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
- Communicating with you
- Solving your problems and responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
- In-product communications. We may use the information you provide to contact you through Sip using In-App push notification or other in-product messaging tools.
Email messages. We may send you service and administrative emails. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services, or our service offerings. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails to Sip users about new product features or other news about Sip. You can opt-out of these at any time.
3rd Party Partners
Sip partners with top bars, cafés and restaurants, and 3rd party brands to provide you with exclusive promotions and discounts. Here are some ways we may share data with our partners:
- Partner venues. Bars, Cafés and Restaurant partners will have access to non-personally identifiable data for their venue, including drink or promotional redemption records, as well as general demographic data.
- 3rd Party Sponsors. 3rd Party Brand Sponsors will have access to non-personally identifiable data for any Sip members elect to participate in a particular promotional campaign for the campaign period. For certain campaigns, Sip members may be offered a chance to opt-in to 3rd Party email list at the member’s discretion.
Referral Partners. Sip works with 3rd Party Partners to refer new members to sign up for Sip services. From time to time, Sip is required by these 3rd Party Referral Partners to share back demographic and contact data collected from the specific members referred through their services. Please make sure you understand the individual requirement for these referrers prior to signing up through a specific referral link or invite code. You can always sign up directly through thesipapp.co or by searching for the Sip App in the App Store or Google Play Store without a referral code to avoid any potential data shared with 3rd Party Referrers.
Sip takes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of the Sip service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information (such as sign-in credentials) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error free.
Sip is not directed to anyone under 18 years of age. If you learn that a minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at the email address on the bottom of this page.
If you continue to use Sip after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.